CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

First Cavity

Today I had to take Brayden to the dentist to get his first cavity filled. Not only did he have to get his tiny cavity filled, but he had to get sealant put on his back molars, and have 2 teeth pulled. It sounds like alot for 1 dentist visit, but I figured get it all done at once because I might not be able to get him to go back. Brayden does fine going to the dentist for check ups, but he was a little nervous for this visit. I had tried to explain to him what they were going to do, but on the way there he said "mom, my tummy is getting nervous". He did really good though! They numbed him first and then gave him shots on the bottom of both sides of his mouth. Then she decided to numb the bottom middle where they were going to pull the teeth, but she didn't leave the topical numbing stuff on long enough so when she went to give him the shot he could feel it. I was so sad for him, and a little mad at her. But he did great, and was super brave! He did great for everything else. The sealants went really fast, and even the cavity only took a minute, then the dentist pulled the 2 teeth, and we were done 15 minutes tops. The reason the dentist pulled 2 teeth was to make room for his permanent teeth. He doesn't have enough room in his mouth, so the dentist is trying to give more room so they don't come in crooked, we'll see though!

After the teeth were pulled. He hated the numb "fat" feeling. He thought he looked funny. I assured him it just felt that way, but that he still looked normal. The hygentist even got him a mirror to look for himself.

7 comments:

Veronica said...

Poor boy!! I can't believe you have a child old enough to be having all that dental work done!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Gosh that is a lot done! What a good brave kid!

Emily said...

He was so cute when he came over. He really wanted to eat popcorn, but said he shouldn't, I think my boys would have just eaten it.

Missy said...

Wow! Poor kid.

Darci said...

What a brave boy!! I just had a root canal done!!!! I have now conquired my fear of the dentist!!! I hate that funny "fat" feeling!!!

Miles and Bex said...

I can not believe they didn't numb it enough. I would have been mad too. He is a brave little guy. I still get scared going to the dentist.

Mandi said...

OH, We have been down that road with McKay...way to be tough Brayden!! What dentist did you go to? I had a horrible experience the first time around. I am glad it all worked out for you guys.