We decided to light up the firepit Monday night and do s'mores for treats for FHE. I don't know why we actually even do s'mores because no one except BJ really even eats them. Guess its because I am lame and don't know any other dessert to do in the firepit except cobbler, and that takes too long (and I don't really even like it). The kids have fun trying to roast the marshmallows and I like pretending like we are camping without having to actually camp. Funny little story. In school Brayden learned about Martin Luther King and his dream so then they got to each write a dream they had. BJ and I went in for parent teacher conference and she showed us his dream paper and his dream was to go camping! I felt so bad that that was his dream, so simple, BJ thought it was hilarious. So right then I swore we would go camping this year, and not just roast hotdogs and marshmallows outside.
This year the Easter bunny brought the kids giant bubble wands($1 @ Walmart) and kites(also $1 @ Walmart). He was kind of cheap this year, but can I just say that that was the best $5 spent all year! Sorry Jace you didn't get a kite. The bubble wands were Tuesdays evening fun and the kids had a blast outside with them. Then Wednesday night BJ put Brayden's kite together and they had fun trying to get it to fly. They actually got it up a few times, and a few times it came down and smacked Jace in the head. I love when the simple things make them so happy!!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Marshmallows & $5 fun
Posted by Kristi at 5:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The Easter bunny was cheap at our house too! It is so funny because I thought the kids would care and they didn't at all. They were just happy to see candy! What fun times with the fire pit. THat might just have to be our summer project.
I had a big bubble wand when I was a kid, I need to find those. I love cheap fun too.
Kids all seem to like the cheap stuff bette, I just think us moms are smart! I Love fire pits. I wish Joey would let me have one :)
Thanks for letting us come and crash your FHE on Monday. Parker loved it. He kept talking about the fire, trampoline, and Adi.
Bubble wands have been a hit at our house too. I should get some for summer.
Nutella is a yummy chocolatey hazelnut treat. It's a spread that originated in Spain, I think, and they spread it on lots of things like torilla shells. Maria Anderson in the Foxboro 2nd Ward is from Spain and she introduced my kids to it. So yummy you have to try it. It's at Walmart right next to the peanut butter and jellies.
Post a Comment