Couldn't get all 5 of us to smile at the same time!
Saturday we had our annual halloween dinner. We just started this last year, after we would go to the pumpkin patch we would go back home and eat dinner in a pumpkin, breadstix with sauce in a pumpkin, and apples with caramel dip. Well this year since we had our own pumpkin patch and the weather was crappy we skipped the pumpkin patch and watched movies instead. And next year we will skip the dinner in a pumpkin because after I made it I learned no one likes it! It is rice and hamburger, what's not to like? Appearantly it is tasteless(according to BJ.) Jace took a big bite and I said "that's my boy" and as soon as the words were out of my mouth he spit it right back out, not even he would eat it, so next year we are ordering pizza. Also this year instead of apples and dip we made gourmet caramel apples. We dipped them in caramel, then white chocolate, then rolled them in crushed oreos, YUM!!! (Shalene over cooked the caramel a little so they were a little hard, but still delicious!)My parents and sister were going to come too, but because of the weather we decided it wasn't worth it. It was a good thing too because Jed and Maegen had to come down for Maegen's nieces birthday party and were going to try and stop by, but they ended up not making it down because they got in a wreck because of the bad weather and my dad had to go pick them up. Thank goodness they are both ok, the car just got messed up.
What's a party without Dr Pepper?!
Our delicious apples!!
Monday, October 22, 2007
Halloween Dinner
Posted by Kristi at 7:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
At least you made the effort to do something fun. I have decided that I am a boring mom. You have inspired me to be better!
That is so much fun! What a fun mom you are!
Here is my address
743 wilton Dr.
You should know the rest. I will call you.
I love your pumpkin dinner idea. That is so cute, I am sorry no one liked the food. The apples looked so yummy. I might just need to do that one.
Those apples sound so good!! Love the pumpkin dinner, you are such a cute mom!!
i tried the pumpkin thing last year and my family didn't like it either. i thought it was so cool. b told me not to do it this year. ouch! not really but now i have to come up with something else fun to do. we try, right?
We also do carmel apples and sloppy joes on Halloween. My mom use to do it when we were younger and this year they are coming up to our house and I get to do it.
That is so cute! Family traditions are the best, especially with little kids. Ever since Cody and I were dating that first Haloween we have made caramel apples every year to give away to people. So much fun to do with kids now (and way more messy). I love the Halloween dinner idea!
Post a Comment