CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

San Diego (Day 3)

Day 3 of our trip we decided to head up to Los Angeles. We got up real early(6:30) and that was so not by choice, we all just happen to wake up then! You'd think with no kids we would take advantage, but no we were die hards! On the way up we decided we would take the Pacific Coast Highway, so we got off in Newport Beach and followed the sign to the PCH. On the way over to it we passed right by the Newport Beach temple. So of course we pulled in and took pictures. I absolutely love going and seeing temples, they are so beautiful to me, and no matter where you go the temples just feel like home to me.

Newport Beach Temple

After a cruise up the PCH we got lost in LA while trying to find the Farmer's Market and The Grove. We heard celebrities are spotted there, but not that day! Anyways we finally made it there and first went to the American Girl Doll store, it was amazing! Cutest dolls and clothes, Adi would have been in heaven. After a little shopping we headed to the Cheesecake Factory across the way to eat. Of course it was yummy, and I got the pumpkin cheesecake to go, and I have to say I am not a fan. Should have stuck with my usual!
Lunch at Cheesecak Factory
The grove
After we shopped and browsed for awhile Darci and I had to get a pinkberry. Best frozen yogurt I've ever had!!
Since it was Friday and traffic in LA is so bad we were told not to try and get out till about 6, so about 6 we headed back to the car to go back to San Diego. The GPS system was no longer our friend. It was not working and to make a long and scary story short we got lost in LA. We ended up in Koreatown, and probably the scariest gas station I have ever been to. Very frightening, but finally made it to the freeway to basically sit in traffic for 2 hours. We finally made it back to our hotel in San Diego about 11 after a few missed exits and getting lost again in San Diego.

0 comments: