Day 2 of our trip turned out to be much better than Day 1. I think the only mishap was when Andrea missed the exit we needed 5 times in a row and really made Darci mad!! Ah good times!! So on Day 2 we decided we would go to Coronado Island, San Diego Temple, Seaport Village, and Old Town. We started out by going to Coronado Island first, this beach was beautiful and not so stinky!
Another funny story. We get to the beach and start walking down to the water and are just about to the tide and Darci starts freaking out. We run to her and I see no blood or anything, but she says her foot is stinging her, and it hurts real bad, so we see a lifeguard a ways down the beach and she decides to go ask him. So Darci and Angie start toward the lifeguard, and Andrea and I figure since she can walk she is fine and we slowly follow after them and along the way stop to take pictures and gather seashells and sand dollars(which were later crushed, won't say how that happened-Darci!!) in the sand. Anyways the lifeguard thinks it was a "no see um" sting from a jelly fish, and he told us to get ammonia and meat tenderizer to put on it. And the lifeguard I swear was David Arquette's twin!
Another funny story. We are walking up to the temple and we run into this kid we went to high school with. How random is that?! Haven't seen him for 10 years and we go on a 5 day vacation and run in to him. It was so funny and random, but he gave us a few ideas on where to eat and places to vist and places to stay away from.
Darci, John, and Andrea
After the temple we hit Seaport Village.
There were tons of shops and we did alot of shopping and browsing, walked along the beach and just enjoyed the scenery.
After Seaport Village we decided to hit Old Town. There were lots of little vendor booths and restaurants. We didn't really walk around too much and see all the little shops in Old Town. We had been walking all day and were so tired. We went and ate a fabulous place called Coyote Cafe. I am still craving their burritos!!

3 comments:
So far, so fun! I can't believe the problems with the condo. Can't wait for more pictures.
K Kristi.... I guess I get to post the pics. of me and Andrea at Cheesecake factory!!! Your posts are way cute! You got some good pictures that I didn't get! I am still laughing at ourselves! Can't wait till next time:)
I have been to Coronado and I loved the beach and the town. I did hate the bridge to get there though. Looks like your trip was a lot of fun
Post a Comment