CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

April 2, 2006

I am so sad that my baby is 2 today! He doesn't seem like he is 2 though, he seems too little to be 2. I don't think I will ever forget the day he was born, but just to be sure I am going to write it down so here is how you came into this world little Jace!

It was Saturday April 1, and it was conference weekend. We always go have a party at my grandma Taggart's house during the priesthood session. I decided not to go this time, I was set to be induced on Tuesday(April 4, my due date was April 6)and I wanted to get the house and stuff kind of squared away before baby came. BJ went to the priesthood session and I decided to go grocery shopping so we had food and snacks for Sunday and food to get them through while I was in the hospital. All was fine all evening. I was having no contractions, the kids and I even went to dinner after the grocery store. My previous doctor had told me that I probably couldn't go into labor on my own, so I was not worried, and just ready to be induced and have it go as smooth as when I had Adisyn. The evening and bed time routine went on as normal. I went to bed about 10:30, and BJ decided to stay up and play x-box with some friends, so when he came to bed at 3:30 it woke me up and I started having contractions. I couldn't go back to sleep so I started to time them. They were about 15 minutes apart, but nothing too intense. I wasn't sure if they were real, or what so I moved out to the couch to see if changing positions would do anything. Since I was timing them it sure made the time go by real fast. While I was out in the living room they started being 12 minutes apart, but still nothing bad. I started to feel tired and went back to bed about 5:30. A few minutes after being back in bed I got a real hard contraction, so bad that I grabbed BJ's back and dug my fingernails into him. He woke up like what was going on. I told him I thought maybe I was in labor, but not sure. I was wide awake now and I decided I needed to call my mom and see what she thought. I didn't want to wake anyone at her house so I waited till 6 when she would be up and call her cell, but no answer, so I called her work, no answer. By this time I was in alot of pain and scared so I called the house and my dad and brother both answered. I asked for mom and they said she had already left for work. I told them I was in labor and I couldn't get ahold of mom, so my dad said he would go find her. About 30 seconds later my mom called me and I told her what was going on and she said "get to the hosptial NOW!!! I am on my way" It was about 6:15 and so I called my cute neighbor, Dorothy, to see if she could come over and sit with Brayden and Adi cause I was in labor. She was at the front door before I even had my shoes on to leave. I hobbled out to the car and knew I had about a 30 minute drive to LDS hospital. I also knew that I would have atleast 2 probably 3 more contractions before I got there and got the epidural. We finally got there and there is NO where to park. I get really irritated while in labor(ask BJ about previous births)but had made a promise to myself I would not snip and yell at him. So he is driving around trying to figure out where to park and I just lost it. I started crying saying I know he is trying, but it hurts so bad please just let me out of the car. So he parks illegally and we go into the emergency room. Two life flight guys are standing there and ask what I need and then quickly say "oh never mind you probably want labor and delivery." You think?? So they start leading me up the hall to an elevator, then realize I can barely walk and go and get me a wheelchair. About 7:00 we get into the room and it is turns out I am already a
7. I asked if I could still have an epidural, and the nurse said yes as long as my water didn't break. I was praying so hard it wouldn't break! Finally I got the epidural!! The next few hours are kind of a blur. I remember shaking real bad from the epidural and them bringing me warm blankets, and at 10:00 turning on conference. And then them turning it off about 10 minutes later and telling me I have to push. I can't remember the exact time he was born, but it was around 10:30. He was 7lbs 2 oz, and 21 1/2 in long. We didn't have his name picked out for sure yet so he was baby boy John on all the hospital papers. We later decided on Jace David John, his middle name being after both grandfathers. Brayden was not happy with the name so for the first few days he called him Logan. Jace has been such a wonderful addition to our family over the past 2 years. I could not imagine our family with out him! He is so full of life and has so much energy! Most days I want to wring his neck and then he totally melts my heart! I am so thankful for our baby!! Happy Birthday Jacey, we love you!!


1 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Oh he is adorable! I loved reading your birth story! Jace will love reading that later on in life too! So sweet! he sure was a stinking cute baby!