CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Bye bye binky!


This is a very sad post for me. You would think it would be happy, but for some strange reason I am a little sad to report that Jace has thrown away the binky! Last night I was laying on the couch with Jace and he was chewing on his binky. He already had a hole in it from a few nights ago,and when we found that hole we asked if he wanted to throw away the binky, and he said "NO!" and still sucked on it and didn't seem to mind. I guess he had been chewing on it since then and the hole was getting bigger, and he was trying to knaw off a piece. I asked him again if he wanted to throw away the binky and get a choo choo? He was intrigued by this and said yes. So at first I just took the binky away thinking he would want it back, but he asked for the binky and went and threw it in the garbage can. He is my last so it seems all these things that he does that I have already been through with the other kids is just so hard for me! So he threw it away and said "bye bye binky" and we went back and laid down. He has actually done pretty good too. He went to bed ok without it and when he woke up this morning he said "choo choo" and I said yes, and he said "bye bye binky". Naptime was a little harder, but we made it through it. I still can't believe no more binky, he has been my youngest to ditch the binky!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats on such a milestone!

Veronica said...

He needs to come to my house and teach Hailey the same thing!!!!!!!!!!

Jodi Jo said...

Wow! He made that so easy on you!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I would be sad too! I have a hard time with M on almost everything, because I think it is her first! I can only imagine his last