Since Jace's birthday was on a Wednesday we decided not to invite any family down for a party. We will celebrate later with them hence the title party #1, there will be another post of party #2 later. It was pretty much just another day except the house was decorated with ballons and signs. Jace really doesn't get the birthday thing, so when anyone called to tell him Happy Birthday he would say it back to them and then hand me the phone back. He did enjoy talking to his cousin, Kyla, she called to tell him happy birthday and he got so excited he just loves her to death! Whenever we asked him what he wanted for his birthday everytime he would reply with "cake!" Everytime! It was so funny. Adi asked him if he wanted any presents and he said "No, cake!" He knew what he wanted! He did however enjoy the gifts! His big present is at my moms so he will get that at party #2 in a few days. He got a small shovel and a garden tool to help mom in the garden this year. Since we will be out there a lot I figured he needed his own set. Actually I don't have my own small ones, so I may have to borrow his! He also got a sword that makes swooshing sounds and lights up when you swing it. Yes, I am going to regret that one! A cow flashlight that moo's when you open it(thanks Devon and Lulu), and a bunch of books from Aunt Bean. We took the kids to dinner at Artic Circle and let them play on the playland, they had a good time. Then home to open gifts and cake and ice cream. I think he had a fun day, but really what day isn't fun at 2! Happy Birthday Jacey , we love you!!!
Jace opening presents
Playing with the new sword! What was I thinking??
Blowing out candles!
Playing with balloons before bed, or maybe he has a balloon head!
Thursday, April 03, 2008
Birthday Party #1 for Jace
Posted by Kristi at 1:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Happy birthday Jace! What were you thinking with that sword. Just take the batteries out :)
Love your green wall with the sign and pictures. Looks adorable!
love the balloon head. and you blog background looks fabulous
Kristi,
I have to say that the balloon head was also my favorite. That kind of photography is pure talent, even if it was accidental.
i love that he didn't want a cake! it's rootbeer floats at our house. happy bday, jace.
Post a Comment