Saturday we decided to take the kids over to the childrens garden at Thanksgiving Point. The kids and I had been there once, but it was awhile ago and Brayden has been bugging all week to go. He has been wanting to go back because in the summer they fill Noah's Ark with water and you can walk around in it, and play, it is really fun for the kids. BJ was with us so we walked around to a few other things in the childrens part so the kids could show him. We only spent a few minutes at everything else and the rest of our time at Noah's Ark. It was so perfect because the water is shallow so Jace can walk, or crawl around in it and the other kids can play and splash and I can sit on the bench and watch or walk around with them and not get myself wet. I thought over the next few weeks that might be a fun way to cool down without having to take 3 kids to a swimming pool all by myself. They had such a good time, it was way fun!!
As you walk through the gardens there are animal prints in the cement and you can hear a bear growling so if you follow this certain set of prints it takes you down into a bear cave and this is what you see as you walk down into it. Adi of course was not fond of the growling, but Brayden and Jace thought it was funny. They especially thought it was funny when BJ made a big growl noise and Adi would scream. Mean boys!!
There was a little light house that the kids could walk inside and go up stairs. I was a little big to go all the way up so I just got a picture of them looking down at me.
The kids playing at Noah's Ark. *The picture of Adi with Noah has a funny little story with it. She thought it was Jesus so she wanted her picture taken with him.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Thanksgiving Point's Childrens Garden
Posted by Kristi at 3:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That place is so cool! I am glad to see that Brayden got a haircut. Adi is such a girl!
That looks like so much fun! I didn't even know that thing existed! What a fun time you had! I love the Jesus story!
That looks like so much fun. I didn't even know they had that stuff. I am glad to hear that your Brayden is going through the bossy stage too. I was worried it was just Taegan. Hopefully it will be a quick phase because it is driving me crazy.
That looks really fun! I might have to take the kids out there when it cools off a little. I'm pretty hot these days! BTW, we again have a new blog because of security reasons. With the near kidnapping here in NSL it freaked Cody out a lot, so once again it is changed. Hopefully this will be the last time. Sorry for the run-around! http://codyandveronica.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment