CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hooked



For those who can't tell what the picture is, it is a fly hooked in BJ's finger. Yep that is right all the years BJ has been fishing and as often as he goes(which by the way is alot)he has never hooked himself quite like this. BJ has this week off. We are going to Bear Lake later in the week so he just took the whole week off to relax and have fun. So Monday was his fishing day, he was planning to leave real early and be gone all day. So I was lying on the couch about 3:30 and I hear Adi say "Hi daddy", I was surprised he was home so early, he walks over and waves at me with his hooked hand. I jump up and assume we need to get into the doctor asap. He tells me no it is too hot outside just call and make an appt for the next day. I was like um, no!!! So I called my sister(who is a nurse) and she says come in now we'll fit you in. You gotta love the perks of having a sister as a nurse!! Before we left Brayden had to bring all his friends over to see it, he thought it was pretty cool! We get to the doctor and they give BJ 3 shots in his finger to numb it up and then cut the tip of the finger by where it was hooked and pulled it right out. He also had to get a tetnus shot since it had been 11 years since his last one. It was pretty easy, but BJ hates needles so it was a little yuck for him. Adi was so cute she wanted to hold his hand and kept telling him it was ok. I thought that was a fishing story worth telling about!!

5 comments:

Missy said...

Yuck! I once hooked my thigh when I was younger. I was too young to remember it though. We need to get togehter when you get home from Bear Lake.

Miles and Bex said...

At the hospital here they have a cradboard lady and place the hooks in her that they take out of people. They place the hooks where they remove them. It is hilarious to see where hooks get stuck. I am glad he was able to get it removed so quickly. Hope he is doing great.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I just might be sick to my stomach. I have a thing against anything penetrating through skin. It is just nasty! I don't know why I keep having babies because the whole IV thing freaks me out so much!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Taht is sick! I can not believe that! I also can't believe that he wanted to wait a day to go in- hello can we say infection. Husbands kill me!
Becky I love that about cardboard lady, that is funny!

Staci said...

ouch! that's a gross photo. excuse my while i throw up.