Well we went on our annual Bear Lake vacation last week. We had alot of fun!! My grandparents have a house in Bear Lake so we go up there a few times a summer. We went up Thursday and cam home Sunday. We don't ever have an agenda just kind of do whatever. This year we seemed to do more than we usually do, which was fine cause we had a great time. We left Thursday morning and BJ decided to stay behind and fish before coming up so my sister and I took the kids and headed out, we stopped at La Beaus's on the way in for some lunch then headed over to the house. We were the first ones there and weren't sure when my parents and BJ would be coming(everyone one else wasn't coming up till Saturday, party poopers!) so we played pig mania till they got there. Can I just say how much I love that game!! I don't know why, but we always play that game up there and have a total blast!! Anyways so we jsut kind of hung out at the house till about 7ish and decided to go over to the hot pools on the north side of the lake. None of us had ever been there but thought it would be fun, boy were we wrong!! It was the stinkiest, trashiest little pools I have ever seen, but the kids wanted to swim so bad so we just bucked up and decided to let them swim. They had a way fun time! The mosquitos were so bad. I swear I came back with atleast 15 bites from just that one place. So that was our outing for Thursday.
Friday we pretty much just lounged around and played games. Then about 3:00 we decided to take the kids to Minnetonka cave. I hadn't been there in years! So we get up there and had to wait about an half hour for the next tour. If I had remembered how many stairs there were I may had thought twice about bringing the kids, or atleast Jace for sure. There are 444 stairs one way and you have to go back out the way you got in, so that is right I walked 888 stairs holding Jace, I wanted to cry!!
it was a good work out, but at the time I didn't want the work out I wanted to put him down!! It is an interesting cave, but carrying Jace and then someone else having to carry Adi just got old so I was glad when it was over. On the way back to the house I said to Brayden "aren't you glad mom and dad took you to do that?, it was fun huh?" His reply was "yeah, can we never do it again?" I just laughed. So true I was glad we did it, but never want to do it again, atleast not till they are all older and will walk all 888 stairs by themselves!!(Forgot my camera for both those outings)
Adi getting ready to get on the jet skis
Saturday was the big day! We had put off going to the beach every other day because we knew we woudl be there all day Saturday and didn't want to be too burned by then. Jed, Maegen, and Kev came up Saturday morning. My kids were so excited to see them, they had been waiting for them!! Haylee and her family weren't too far behind them. They only came up for the day to go to the beach. As we were driving over to the beach it started to rain, I freaked out, and BJ said "it is only a few drops it is not like it is a downpour." Seriously not even 2 minutes later it was pouring and hailing! Luckily it blew over quick and we got to enjoy the day at the beach! We had jet skis this time and I think we will have to have them from now on. The kids loved them. Adi went out with Jed and her head was bouncing off the handle bars because he was going so fast over the waves! I said hello skull fracture, could you slow down, but she loved it!! I wasn't sure how well Jace would like the water because it is kidn of cold, but he loved it. He loved walking around on the beach chasing sea gulls. He was such a good boy the whole time!!
Yaya reading to the kids. Jace loved this book for some reason. He would see someone reading it and go running to them.
Brayden and Maegen's matching pants!
The babies, Jacey and Kyla!!
Doesn't he look good?!?! Too funny!
BJ, me, and Kyla
Somehow we talked mom into going on the jet skis too!
Brayden and Jace digging in the sand
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Bear Lake
Posted by Kristi at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! I LOOOOVE Bear Lake. Our dream is to one day have a cabin up there on the water. Well, we can always dream!
I'm glad you guys had a great time! I love bear lake, we go every year as a family as well, ours is coming up in august, i can't wait, i look forward to it all year!! Jace is getting so big, he is adorable!!
You are killing me with all your comments on doing things! You make me laugh! Glad that you had a good time. Love all the cute pictures.
I can not believe how many people go to bear lake. I know after the party at my house there were like 4 people going up that week and I didn't even know you were going. Must be popular. i have never been and I don't think I want to go :)
This post really makes me want to go to Bear Lake. Did you go and get some famous shakes?
Post a Comment