The past few years for my birthday my mom and sisters and I (and of course the kids)have been going up to Park City to the outlets to shop, so this year we changed it up a little and decided to stay over. We had such a good time! We went up Monday afternoon and shopped for a few hours then we headed into Park City to the hotel. By the time we got checked in the kids were beat, and all they wanted to do was swim. We swam for a little while, then ordered some pizza and put the babies to bed. We watched She's the Man(pretty funny show)and just hung out. The next morning we went over to take the kids to ride the Alpine slide, I hadn't done that in years and it was so much fun. The kids loved it!! I have to get BJ back up there to do the roller coaster it looks like so much fun! After the slide the kids rode the merry go round and then we went to lunch. After lunch my mom and Haylee left to go home, but Shalene and I decided to do some more shopping! Oh what great things I found. Infact I am pretty much done with Brayden for school shopping, yay!! I just need a few more things for Adi and she is done too! After we got home we got sandwiches and went to the park for dinner. It was a nice relaxing birthday, and so much fun to spend with family!
We didn't have big plans for the fourth this year. After being gone Monday and Tuesday we were kind of tired. We had planned to take the kids fishing and wanted to leave around 10, but since we didn't wake up till after 9 that kind of threw the rest of the day off. But I can't really complain since the kids slept till after 9!!! We did eventually make it up the canyon, and ate some lunch, then off to the river to catch some fish. Or so we thought. The water is so low that the fish get spooked easy and the kids aren't that patient. They wanted to follow BJ up the stream and I had to follow them and carry Jace so it really wasn't all that fun, but we got to be together as a family so that is all that matters!
After the "fishing" we came home and had our own little bbq. We did dutch oven ribs, corn on the cob, cherry cobbler and home made ice cream. We always have home made ice cream on the 4th. My grandpa always makes it, but since we decided to stay home this year I thought I would try and make it. Grandpa's is better, but for my first time I think it turned out ok. Then we went over to the Olson's to watch fireworks. They had a ton of fireworks!! Jace didn't care for them much and fell asleep so BJ took him home and we enjoyed the rest of them. It was alot of fun, and kind of nice to just walk a few steps after fireworks and be home and in bed!!
Thursday, July 05, 2007
My birthday and the 4th!
Posted by Kristi at 10:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had so much fun. I miss the park city outlets so much! I can't wait to shop again. Tell BJ that when ever he wants to come up to AK to go fishing he has a place to stay. Taegan went down the river yesterday with her G-Pa and caught a fish. She had so much fun. The fish this year are huge too. I guess everyone is having a really good season. You guys seem like you are staying super active and having a blast.
Kristi, call me! I have tried a couple of times we are planning a party and I want you to come~! Love Adi's hat, M has the same one- do you think stinker will keep it on- nope!
Happy Birthday. Glad you had a fun one!
Happy birthday! What a fun way to spend it. And homemade ice cream is a MUST on the 4th. I make it every year and I think I ate 1/4 gallon myself!
Post a Comment