CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 07, 2007

All in a day's work

What a day, but what a good day!! We have been on the go, busy, busy since about 10 this morning. We started working on our yard today. This is just phase one, of many to come, concerning the yard. So today was phase one of the fire pit phase. Today my wonderful, great, cute husband(with the help of his brother, thanks Mike) built a fire pit!! It is so cool, and it looks so good!!


I am so excited about this, I can't wait to use it, I think we will really enjoy it!We went and picked up all the material this morning and it took them only a few hours this afternoon to do it, and I think they did a great job. BJ is really happy with it too. BJ's parents also came by to visit, so we had them here for a few hours today too. Once the work was done and visitors were gone we decided to go to the Lehi Legacy center and swim. (No pictures, I forgot my camera) It is such a cool swim area, with a big slide and lots of little ones and play areas, just a really cool aquatic center. We had a really good time. Once we got done swimming we came home and ate dinner. After dinner we got the kids bathed and ready for bed and colored Easter eggs!! It was so much fun! Last year we colored eggs and I don't remember it being fun at all. Infact I remember thinking I had boiled too many eggs and also one of the kids knocking over one of the cups of dye. So this year I only boiled 10 eggs and thought that will be more than enough. Well to my surprise it wasn't enough and I was the one wishing we had more to color. We had no spilled dye, and the kids had such a good time. So I vowed next year I am going boil 2 or 3 dozen eggs, even tho I will end up throwing them away!! It was just fun to spend time with the kids and BJ swimming and coloring eggs. Brayden told me this was the best day ever, maybe not the best, but definitly one to remember!!

The kids with our colored eggs(not the best picture of them, but the best one I could get)

5 comments:

Missy said...

The pit looks great...what a nice husband you have. p.s. we found Adi's shoes.

Staci said...

i love your firepit! i want one but our backyard is way too small...next house!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Julianne told me she was so excited about your firepit! That is so cool! jealous!
I love hard boiled eggs - yummy! We ate a whole dozen. Hi can we say piggy!

Anonymous said...

The firepit is AWESOME!! Now I want to build one! Sounds like y'all had a really fun Easter.

Miles and Bex said...

The fire pit looks awesome! I am thinking about making Miles put one in my back yard. I love fires.