CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving weekend



It feels like it was such a long weekend. We were so busy it went by so fast though. This year was our year to eat with the John side of the family so Thursday we headed up to Malad for our Thanksgiving feast. It was a delicious meal and it is always fun to see that side of the family who some we only get to see every other year at Thanksgiving. After dinner we headed back to Brigham to spend the weekend at my moms. I have become such a home body so it was hard for me to stay there for more than 1 day, but since my sister and I do the early morning shopping the next day I had no choice. This year we headed out at 3:30!! Some of the things we wanted were at the stores that opened at 4am, so we had no choice. BJ wanted to go to a movie Thanksgiving night, but I had to get up so early and the movie was at 9:30 so he went with my brother instead and I was in bed by 10. I figured since I was asleep by 10 I would be getting about 5 hours of sleep. Oh was I wrong! Adi woke up at 12 because she had to tell me she had to go to the bathroom. Thanks Adi!! And I couldn't go back to sleep. So I ended up with 2 hours of sleep! Haylee and I had so much fun shopping! We both got what we were looking for and it is fun to spend time with her and not get interrupted by our kids!! We got home about 8:30 and I was so tired! I wanted to do something fun with the kids but options are limited in Brigham, so we decided on bowling. Haylee, Adam, and Kyla came with us and Jed even came up for a little bit. The kids had such a good time bowling, they loved it and Brayden was actually pretty good! After bowling we went back to my moms and made us spaghetti dinner, and then Jed and Maegan came over and we visited and watched the basketball games. My kids love them so it is always a good time when we get to spend tiem with them. Saturday was starting bright and early(not as early as Friday)with my nail apt at 8, but I had to get upa dn get ready at 7 because as soon as I got home from my nails BJ and I were heading down to the BYU/Utah game!! BJ is a huge BYU fan, you may nto guess that because he refuses to wear any BYU gear or anything that says BYU on it, but he loves the cougars! We had such a good time, and it was the best game!! Thanks to my mom and Jed for watching my kids! After the game we hustled back to Brigham because Santa was coming to town and the kids wanted to go see. We luckily got out of Provo really fast and hit no traffic and were back to take them. I am not really sure why we had to go because none of them wanted to sit on Santa's lap, but oh well. After Santa's arrival we went to dinner. It was a busy weekend, but we had a good Thanksgiving and are so thankful for our wonderful families!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I can't believe you went shopping so early. I just don't think I could do it. My kids will be glad you are home.

Miles and Bex said...

I love that you went shopping. I use to do it with my mom every year. this year she had to do it with my sister who hates to shop. But lucky for me I gave them my list of things I wanted and they did it for me. Plus I got to sleep in. I am glad you had such a great Thanksgiving. I heard the game was a good game!

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a fun busy thanksgiving with lots of things to do!
Don't you love that crazy shopping. I am still trying to talk Julianne into it!

Staci said...

i have always wanted to go shopping early in the morning but i never get the sale ads or have a friend to go with. and that's key because i love my sleep. good for you.

Tara said...

Hey, that was a weird message that someone left you. Troy speaks Portugese so he was translating it to me. Weird. Kind of makes you want to block your blog from just anyone. But I also want more pictures and funny stories!!!