Tuesday night there was a big storm that rolled through Lehi, and out garage door took a beating. We were at Brayden's soccer game and my mom called to tell me she saw on tv a storm warning for Lehi. I said it was pretty dark, but the wind was barely blowing and we only had 10 minutes left so we would be fine. About 2 minutes after that I saw lightening by some nearby houses so I told BJ I was taking the kids to the car. By the time I had walked the short distance to the car the wind was blowing so hard that when I took Jace out of the stroller it blew away. We got in the car and waited for BJ and Brayden to come. A few minutes later they came running to the car and there was so much lightening around that BJ just pulled Brayden from the game and left. We are driving up the road and see our garbage can tipped over, so BJ and Brayden get out of the car to hurry and gather garbage while I run to gather toys and secure the stuff on the deck. I wasn't fast enough and a chair blew away. While I was gathering the other chairs I look up to see our neighbors shed blow over and just crumble. It was so crazy! While I am trying to get stuff put away on the deck BJ is yelling at me to open the garage a little because it was blowing so hard. Again I wasn't fast enough because by the time I got to it it had already blown it in, so when I opened it I heard a horrible, horrible noise. The good news is it didn't blow the tramp away and damage anyones home! The bad news is we have to get a new garage door. It doesn't look like it did that much damage, but we have to use a shovel to open and close it and can't use the automatice opneners, which really sucks!
Friday, September 07, 2007
Wind damage
Posted by Kristi at 7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mother Nature can be so expensive!! That sounds like hurricanes that I grew up with in Houston! Glad y'all are okay.
A Whole new door! That sucks! Is it under warranty?
Post a Comment