Our days of having no kids in school are over. Today Brayden started kindergarten! He has been so excited, but got overwhelmed when we got there. He did great tho! On the drive there he kept saying "mom, quit freaking out", guess I was a little nervous too. When we got there I convinced him to let me take a picture of him infront of the school, he said this was the only time, he was not too happy with me. Then they paired each kindergartener up with a 5th or 6th grader and went out to the quad to get in line with their teacher to go to class. I was getting ready to leave when the principal said "Parents give your child a hug it is time to go to class." So I told Brayden bye and started to walk off, I turned around one last time and he was motioning me to come back, so I walked back and knelt down infront of him and he was trying so hard not to cry. It broke my heart!! He was stressing out because he didn't know his teacher, and he was afraid he would get left or lost or something. I reassured him he would be fine and reminded him his "friend" would make sure he got to his class. I kissed him bye and told him he would be fine and left. I think he was still a little nervouse, but I know he will do great! I am so anxious to go get him to see how his first day was! I got back to the car called BJ and started bawling! I thought I would be fine, but it was hard. Then my mom and neighbor called to see how it all went so that helped too. I just love family and good neighbors!!
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Brayden's First Day of Kindergarten!
Posted by Kristi at 10:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I bet he had a great first day. I think if Taegan would have started to cry I would have lostit too. Good job on waiting till you got to the car. It gets easier everyday!
School! What is devon going to do without his best friend! What a big kid!
I must be soooo pregnant because I'm an emotional wreck! Just reading about his first day made me cry!!! I'm just thinking about Ethan being all grown up one day. His starting preschool is enough for me now!
Post a Comment