Saturday we decided to head into town to see Santa. First we saw the "Santa parade" it was pretty pathetic, Santa on a fire truck and a band on a wagon playing Christmas music. Then Santa was suppose to light a tree and it was still light so it wasn't very exciting, we thought it was kind of weird, but oh well. Then we decided we better actually sit on Santa's lap and Sandra was all over getting in the front of the line that we waited maybe 5 minutes or so to sit on Santa's lap. Brayden and Adi were thrilled to sit on Santa's lap, but Jace not so sure. Since BJ was there he of course didn't make Jace sit on his lap(I would have made him)so I only got the older 2 with Santa, but as soon as our turn was over Jace decided he "needed to talk to him" his exact words. So I asked the nice people if I could just hurry and sit him on Santa's lap real fast and they were so kind to let us sneak back in line to do it. Maybe one of these years I will get a picture of all 3 of them on Santa's lap at one time! After seeing Santa we had just enough time to go on a hayride to the arts center and back. It was pretty cold, but fun none the less. It wasn't too crowded, not too long, we were with friends, and the kids had fun so I would say it was a successful outing!
Monday, December 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i was laughing at myself today thinking about the "mad dash" to the door for santa...and looking back at you holding jace like a sack of potatoes - still makes me laugh! oh the things we do for memories! we'll do better next year....at least it makes a good post
I did not hear about this. We did wait in line at Costco to see Santa though.
You are always doing such fun things there! What fun memories your kids will have!
you know i don't think we've ever done the santa's lap thing...we are the lamest parents ever. but then again my kids think santa is my dad and he lives all the way in maryland.
We had one of these in Alaska. Except that we were a lot more bundled up. So fun! Have a great Christmas!
gno.dinner.monday.december 22.pf changs.5:30-6.
Post a Comment