Instead of just celebrating birthday's we celebrate birthweeks! So this week was mine! The festivities started out Wednesday when my mother in law invited us over to grandpa's house for dinner. She made a yummy dinner and then cake and ice cream. It was a nice break to not have to cook or clean up dinner! Thursday after the kids woke up since it was my actual birthday we went and got donuts for breakfast! We were leaving after BJ got done with work to go to Brigham so we just stayed home till we had to go pick him up from work. Thanks to all my friends, family, and neighbors for remembering me and for the yummy treats, phone calls, letters, emails, texts, etc.. It totally made my day!! Once we got BJ we headed for BC, unfortunately since it was a holiday weekend the traffic was horrible, it took us about 2 1/2 hours to get from 7200 S in SL to my mom's! Once we got there my mom had ordered pizza and my sisters and brothers were there so we ate and had more cake and ice cream. It was a fun day/week and thanks again to everyone who helped make it so great!
Happy Birthday to me!
Cousins!!
Fighting over the slide
Friday was the 4th and we started out the day by cooking out on the grill a huge breakfast! We thought instead of having to be up and ready to be somewhere by 9 with all of us it would be easier to just do one ourselves. Everyone came over and we had a delicious breakfast. After breakfast we just hung out and let the kids play in the water. We always have a bbq at grandma's on the 4th and this year was no different. I love to go to grandma's and visit with my family I love them and always have a great time! After the bbq we headed back up to Brigham for fireworks. I realized that we actually havn't been to real fireworks for a couple years now. We either were driving home and would see some while driving or kids were too little or scared so it wasn't really worth it. This year we went and Jace was terrified, but he just coverd up in a blanket and went to sleep. Jed and Maegen live about 2 blocks from the park where they do fireworks and they let us go to their house to park and we just sat on their lawn and watched them. We didn't have to fight for parking or a place to sit and we could see them perfectly and then when it was over we didn't have to fight traffic either, it was perfect!! I forgot that I really do enjoy fireworks, and Brayden and Adi loved them!
Saturday was a bit busier. BJ went fishing(of course) and so I decided we were going to do something fun. So I took all 3 of the kids to Kung Fu Panda. The newspaper said the movie started at 12:10, so we get to the theater and it really didn't start till 12:35. Since we had over 30 minutes to kill we went over to Call's and got some food. While we were sitting there eating my brother Kevin called and since the movie hadn't started he decided to join us. Brayden and Adi loved the movie and Jace slept which was great because when the movie was over we went back to the house and changed and headed to the swimming pool. BJ was home from fishing so he came and we met Jed, Maegen, Haylee, and Kyla there and we swam for a few hours. The kids loved going down the big slide and Jed and Maegen were so great to take the kids and I pretty much just sat in the sun! It was a fun weekend and nice to do get away for a few days!
Adisyn and Jed
Cool glasses, Beej!!
Sunday, July 06, 2008
My Birthday week and 4th of July
Posted by Kristi at 10:02 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Happy late Birthday! I wish I could remember birthdays. Looks like you had a good one though. Next time you're in Brigham let's go to the pool together. We have been there so much already, my kids love it.
breakfast on the BBQ? That sounds interesting? I can't wait to hear what you actually ate.
Hey stranger!! Happy birthday! Oh how I love the 4th. Sounds like you've had a great week!
Happy Happy Birthday....a little late. Sounds like you had a good day and were taken care of! I'm glad that you had a fun weekend, keep celebrating for as long as you can!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy birthday!! I love swimming. I so wish we could swim outside but it is way too cold here. Fun 4th. Glad you guys had fun
Happy Birthday! You had a wonderful Birthday!
Post a Comment