CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Grandpa Taggart's 79th B-day

July 20 was grandpa T's 79th birthday. We celebrated by having a little "tail gate" party in the church parking lot. Grandma is so funny and is always coming up with fun and different ways to celebrate. She thought a tail gate party would be so fun, so we backed all the cars up and went from trunk to trunk getting food. It was fun to see so many cousins and my kids had so much fun running around with all the kids. Unfortunately Adi got sick Sunday morning and wasn't able to come, we missed her and BJ!


My mom and her siblings that were there.
(Becky, mom, grandpa, Keith, & Doug)
Kevin enjoying some delicious baguette with cream cheese spread
This is grandpa's cake. My cousin, Emily, made it she does such a good job and even managed to get 79 candles on it! It took about 5 or so of us to light all the candles and then grandpa and all the great grandkids to blow them out! It was so cute!!



I had to include this. You kind of had to be there to get it, but there was this dish that was shredded carrots with mayo and raisins all mixed together. Well it happened to be sitting next to the rolls so my brother, Jed, thought it was for the rolls and put it on. Why, I am not sure. Even not on a roll that does not sound good! Anyways it was pretty funny and we all got a good laugh from it! Kevin even got $3 for taking abite of it!! Oh, good times, I love my family!

3 comments:

Denae said...

The tailgate party was so fun. I'm glad we got to see you and your cute family (although we missed Adi and BJ). I don't feel like we really got to talk though. It seems the whole time I'm running after kids. But reading your blog has helped me feel like I catch up a little.

Emily said...

My mom used to make a salad like that, I think I used to like it. It doesn't sound to wonderful though.

Anonymous said...

hello there!
school is almost done and i have got a blog-yippee!!! i miss you guys!!!