CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Brayden's Baptism

Brayden's big day finally came. He was baptized a member of the church on September 5, 2009. He was very excited to get baptized and we are so proud of him for the decision he made. It was such a special day, and a busy day. We had the baptism at 10, a football game at 12, lunch after the football game, and then of course the BYU football game at 5. What a day!! The baptism was so special and it was so great to have all of our family there to support him. I am so thankful for the wonderful support we get from our families!!! There was a such a strong spirit there it was just the perfect beginning of a perfect day! (other than the fact that his team lost their football game, but oh well they still played great, and BYU won, so all in all good day) I can't believe he is 8 already, and so grown up! What a great kid he is. Bray we love you so much!!!

So grown up!

He was so funny about the white jumpsuits. He was so embarrassed to be in it! He said he looked dumb, BJ reassured him he looked dumber!

Brayden has been looking forward to the chocolate fountain for weeks now. He kept saying "oh I can't wait to put my mouth under the warm chocolate." So after everyone got a chance to use the chocolate fountain she let the kids have at it. Oh what a mess!!!
Adi and Jace enjoying some chocolate
Brayden's turn
Now Carsen
The after

Just a cute conversation we had with Brayden on the morning of his baptism.
We are sitting eating breakfast and Brayden says:

Brayden: Mom, I didn't realize we lived so close the place where Jesus was baptized.
me : um we don't Brayden
Brayden: Yeah the Jordan River
me and BJ: look at each other and laugh and BJ explains not that Jordan River!
Too funny!!

3 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

The Jordan River!?! That's hilarious! At least he's listening. I love going to the baptisms. Such a sweet little spirit is there.

Rod and Jess said...

Congrats Brayden! It was fun to see the three of them all on the same day! It was such a strong spirit! I LOVE the chocolate fountain - but Addie's mouth is my favorite! Next time you have chocolate, I'll be needing an invitation . . . although I might give your kids a run for their money! :)

Jayna said...

Congrats to Brayden! It was fun getting to see all those cute kids get baptized together. Rhy was so funny, she just really wanted to give him a hug and tell him good job for some reason.