Peach Days has become a tradition in our family, one BJ wishes we would quit, but that isn't likely to happen anytime soon! My kids looks forward to Peach Days like it is a holiday. We love the parade, the food, the kids love the rides, hanging out with family and seeing old friends! We had a great time this year! Everyone was there and that always makes it that much funner. Kevin decided a few days before that he was going to do the Peach Days race, I was a little mad because he had told me he wasn't going to and so I kinda quit training, but then I found out it was a 10k and not a 5k, and wasn't so mad anymore I don't think I could have a done a 10k! After the race he said it was hilly and then I was really glad I didn't run. We got to the parade early so we could see Kev run across the finish line. We cheered him on and the kids thought it was cool! The parade was a typical parade, we got so much candy but had a great time!
Watching the parade. Jace hated the loud sirens!!
Jed, Adi,Kyla, Jace, and BJ
Kev after the race
There always is a huge sandbox where the kids can dig and play in the sand so while we were waiting to meet people we would let the kids play in the giant sandbox and let them sit on the tractors.
Finally it was time to ride some carnival rides. I hate the carnival, it is so trashy, but oh well a few rides is ok I guess! We rode with Kyla this year and the kids liked that, they love their one and only cousin! It was so funny while they were riding the carousel Haylee tried putting Kyla on a horse and she started crying saying 'no, no!' She wanted to sit on the bench. Not really sure why but the last time we were on a carousel she did the same thing she just wants to sit on the bench, so funny!
Kyla not watning to get on the horse.
But happy now that she is on her bench!
Jed was awesome and took Jace on the carousel for me
Adi
We love the merry-go-round!
Driving the truck
Adi on her motorcycle
Brayden on his
Ky and Jace
3 comments:
I agree I like the tradition of Peach Days...(most things anyways) I think every year it gets trashier and trashier. Is that even a word? Anyways I was looking for you but I never found you. Darci said she ran into you at the carnival. I want to do the race next year if I am able to train,so if you do maybe we can run together!
Peach Days makes me bonkers. I can't believe that's Kev. I honestly haven't seen him for so many years. That's crazy!!! Call me when you come to Brigham again. We can all take our kids to the park. Well, after school I guess. But come before it gets too cold. Really, you better call.
im glad the weather was good for you guys! looks like your kids had yet another great year! oh what would we do without city of fun (they provide the rides for each city)? i would have died FOR you if would have had to run a 10k - hilarious! so how does everyone have fresh peaches except for me - how do i get into THAT loop???
Post a Comment