Yes I ran a 5k last Saturday morning! It was a real race with a starting horn, numbers to pin on you, and a clock at the finish line. I ran with the best partner ever, Sandra!! She pushes me and is a great motivator for me! We did it faster than we expected and she probably could have done it even faster if she didn't wait for me! It was pretty cold outside and the air was absolutely horrible, but we ran it anyways and had a good time!! My lungs hurt so bad from breathing the cold yucky air, but we still finished it! I will have to say the highlight of the race for me was not so much the finishing faster than we thought, but my awesome hot pink legwarmers! Not only did they match my running outfit and keep my legs warm, but I got compliments on how great they were! Love it!!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Frigis 5k
Posted by Kristi at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
You are incredible!!! I am so proud of you, will you ever do it again? This is need to know information and we definitely need a picture of the leg warmers for future posterity.
Wow, super impressed!
Way to go Kristy! I am really proud of you! That is an accomplishment - especially in the freezing cold! I need some of those hot leg warmers!
you know you just tried on those legwarmers just for the picture!!! your the best! the race was a blast and HECK YA there will be more to come in our future!!! glad someone did a post on it...next time i'll bring my camera for real time photos!!!
Way to go Kristi, that's awesome! Oh what I would give to run a 5k right now, or even walk 100 meters.
Wow I am so impressed! I can't wait until I can run again! I loved the leg warmers....Andrea is just jealous!
I will have to get me some of those leg warmers to use in Alaska. Good job on the run. I started doing 5k 2 years ago and love it. Now Taegs is doing it with me.
You kick butt!
Post a Comment