CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Jace is 3!!

I just love this kid!(Playing Horton Hears a Who)


Today my baby is 3! I have had many people ask me if I am having anxiety about my baby turning 3 and really today is no different than yesterday no big change has happened in our life, the anxiety will come in the fall when he starts preschool! I decided that having a 3 year olds birthday is much easier than the other kids, no parties to plan just a day of fun! I think he had a good day, I know I had a fun day just playing and not having to cook or prepare 1 meal!! The day started off when Jace woke up at 6:40, not sure why it was so early today, but I got to snuggle and play with him before I had to get Brayden up for school. When I asked him what he wanted for breakfast he said "cimmanon rolls" so I quickly ran to McDonald's and grabbed some breakfast before Brayden had to leave for school. We had planned to take him to Chuck E Cheese to play, but we didn't tell him where we were going I just said it was a surprise. We picked up Sandra, Brandon, and Whitney and we were off. Jace fell asleep in the car on the way there so when I woke him up while I was getting him out of the car and he saw the Chuck E Cheese sign he was thrilled. It was so nice there was no crowd just a few people there and the kids played their little hearts out. After Chuck E Cheese we drove down the rode to eat lunch at Chik-Fil-A, and let the kids play on the playland. After lunch we headed home and just played the rest of the afternoon. For dinner we headed over to Olive Garden(Jace's choice) for dinner. BJ and Aunt Bean met us there. We had a nice dinner and then headed home to open presents. Jace got a scooter, Diego legos, new shoes, and clothes, the movie Bolt, and Buzz Light year gun(which he couldn't be happier about) he kept saying "I can't believe I got it." We had been to the mall twice in the past few weeks and both times went into the Disney store and he would run straight for the gun both times! We will celebrate later this week with more family and have more parties, but for now that was our day of fun and celebrating Jace! A funny thing about Jace right now is he does NOT want to get big. Not sure where this came from, but this morning while I was getting ready he came into my bathroom and asked me if 3 was big and I said yes, and he said "well its still kinda little right?" He tells me he is not going to preschool because he says I will miss him too much. Oh, he is right I will! We love you so much Jace, you keep us laughing and are so funny with your hands on your hips and your silly expressions! Happy Birthday Rooster, we love you to pieces!!!
Jace and his birthday loot!
His new scooter
Enjoying his breadsticks and sauce from Olive Garden
The Buzz Lightyear gun!

4 comments:

Jonie said...

Jace seriously cracks me up, he is such a ham, and I love that he wants to stay little. I love these kind of days simple and all about them.

Rod and Jess said...

I have NEVER met a three year old with more personality than your little Jace! I could steal him - just to listen to his funny phrases all day! He is so dang cute! Happy Birthday Jace!!!

Jason and Kristin said...

He is such a fun kid. Somedays he is my only entertainment in Nursery. Glad he had such a great day!

Staci said...

3! really? i hate how time gets away from me. he is so big. Happy late b-day, jace!